Friday, November 21, 2008

路遥知马力, 日久见人心.

this chinese idiom reflects much wisdom in its short length of ten characters. translated in simplicity, it means the innate nature of a person can only be revealed over time.

something happened around me recently, and made me witness some very selfish acts of a person. though the consequences are small (only affected the immediate people around him), it just reflected badly on that person. it has also changed my perspective of him quite thoroughly.

But i still hold faith that there is good in him. God made us imperfect in many ways, but in our weakness, we can be made perfect through Him. I pray that one day he'll change and realise all the inconveniences and consequences of his actons. but things are going to be difficult until then..

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: