Sunday, September 21, 2008

start of spring~

Ask me about this week and i'll say it's warmth, warmth and more warmth!~ Feeling the blazing rays into my skin is one of my new definition of sydney spring. Thanks to the sun, my feet now has a horizontal crescent just beneath my toes. The result of unintentional tanning wearing the same pair of shoes. haha.

Conference week has just ended. Surprisingly, i've learnt more this week than i ever had in my 8 weeks of semester since the start of school. Each presentation was very much an eye-opening experience to many different physiotherapy topics and specialty. All in a short span of 2 hours.

Speaking up infront of crowd has never been my forte, nor many of my s'porean classmates. but this time round, the conference week has made me come out of my comfort zone(to vocalize in front of unfamiliar crowds). Though i feel that i could have done better in one or two occasions, it has been satisfying so far. Afterall, life is about learning and making the unfamiliar familiar, isn't it?

One thing i'm impressed with (again), is the articulate nature of my coursemates. They were all really vocal during the presentations, and many with impressive skills of on-the-spot delivery of speeches; tactfully answering questions, even to those they have no/little knowledge of. More than one time, i've been asking this question. "What is so different about their education and upbringing that brought about this difference btn us?"

I guess it has to do with our culture.. they encourage speaking up more, doesn't mark one down or judge even if u get the wrong answer. which is a contrast from my childhood memories of school. Students speak up only when u r asked to, and that's when u're really really sure of the answer cos any wrong answer will render a disapproving shake or look from your teachers. Well, this simple reflection just make me resolute in my (future) upbringing of my kids. (haha. think too far eh?) Anyways, I will definitely encourage my kids to be unafraid of mistakes, and if they got it wrong, i'll jus give them a smile and a pat on their head, and ask them to try again. :)

Went shopping @ bankstown yesterday. Bought a new pair of shades, 2 tops and a dress! *smiles~ the shades is my most expensive buy so far. cost me a hefty 80 bucks after a 25% discount. but it's category 2 for UV ray protection. major plus that it fits nicely above my chubby cheeks~ haha wat can i say? it's simply irresistable! :D


me and amal having a bit of fun with the colorful specs :D

There's a mid-sem break in 2 week's time! and there are plans for a trip to canberra. hehe. super excited and can't wait!~ :)

No comments: