Sunday, December 28, 2008

last 4 days in sing-A-pore land

'Everything may change, but we start and end with the family.' <3

i <3 my parents - my dad who is reticent most of the time and awkward in showing his affection through actions, and my mum who is vocal and loud majority of the time (can't blame her, it's a occupational habit :p) and quick in correcting your wrongs, but shows her affection through her actions the very next minute. Such different individuals but joined by the circle of matrimonial love.

i <3 my grandparents - my "Yeah yeah" who is even more reticent than my dad but generously shares his childhood stories and adventures when we ask for them. My "Ah ma" who is such a great cook that i believe puts Jamie Oliver pale in comparison :p, who loves to cook for all her children and grandchildren and coincidentally has the best memory around when it comes to everyone's likes and dislikes in food. Everyone in my family always finds their fav dishes on the family table at my gram's. AND mind you, there are at least 20 odd people in our annual reunion dinner. It is no mean feat.

The past 4 days back home has been great. Spending time with family and catching up with friends has never been so enjoyable. Touching down on Xmas day, my parents drove me to east coast park hawker for supper - our usual spot. =) Alas, i manage to recapture the delicious taste of fresh fishball noodles, rather than those frozen lumpy fishballs. Dad ordered satay bee-hoon. For desserts, we had ice cheng teng soup and almond jelly with longan soup. *slurps. oh so yummy!

I've learnt the art of making PoPIAH! *nods. yes. i'm not lying. my Ah ma taught me so. :)

This the process..
Step 1: ingredients

Step 2: Assemble

Step 3: Wrap

Step 4: Cut

Step 5: serve and enjoy! :)



:)

No comments: